Countdown to Easter! As a Christ-follower, I love this season. Not only is spring here, but we get to celebrate the most wonderful, miraculous, amazing thing: Christ’s resurrection!
Here are two really great things to do this week with your family…..
#1 Make this craft
I saw this on Pinterest, so I can’t take credit. I did it with a bunch of 3rd-5th graders (my son included) and it was so fun. Even the boys got into it! The craft supplies are minimal and the final project comes out really pretty. I added the scripture that tells the Resurrection Story. Here is the link for the instructions: LINK
#2: Make this meal
The ingredients ready to cook all day long….
This soup is really a hit around here. It’s easy to throw together and really delicious. It also tastes great the second day. Lunch, anyone? Spring is almost here, but this will warm you up on those nights when the temperatures still get chilly.
- 1 lb. smoked turkey or chicken sausage, cut into coins
- 1 can of each: kidney beans, great northern beans, black beans: all rinsed and drained
- 1½ c. frozen corn
- 1½ c. salsa
- 1 large pepper - the color is your choice (green, red, yellow, orange)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 c. water - or more if you want it more broth-y
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 t. ground cumin
- In a large slow cooker, combine all ingredients. Cover and cook on low 5 to 6 hours. Stir before serving.
- Optional, but really delicious: top with tortilla chips, cilantro, avocado, sour cream
I got this recipe from Reader’s Digest a few years back.